Tubular Handling Tools
Casing and tubing strings are the main parts of the well construction. All wells drilled for the purpose of oil & gas production must be cased with sufficient strength and functionality. The cost of casing is a major part of the overall well cost.
Dosco offers a complete range of different sizes, grades and connections of Tubulars such as: Drill Collars, Drill Pipe, Casing and Tubing:
- Casing & Tubing
- Drill Collars (Spiral & Slick)
- Drill Pipe & Heavy Weight Drill Pipe
- Non Magnetic Drill Collars (Slick)
- Test Tubing
- Hydroclean (Heavy Weight) Drill Pipe (HDP/HHW)
Casing is large diameter pipe that is assembled and inserted into a recently drilled section of a borehole and typically held into place with cement. It is subject to axial tension by its dead weight, internal pressure by fluid purging and external pressure from surrounding rock formations. When casing is cemented in place it aids the drilling process in several ways:
- Prevents contamination of fresh water well zones
- Prevents unstable upper formations from caving in and sticking the drill string or forming large caverns
- Provides a strong upper foundation to use high-density drilling fluid to continue drilling deeper
- It isolates different zones, that may have different pressures or fluids (known as zonal isolation) in the drilled formations from one another
- Seals off high pressure zones from the surface, avoiding potential for a blowout
- Prevents fluid loss into or contamination of production zones
- Provides a smooth internal bore for installing production equipment
There are six types of casing strings : conductor casing, surface casing, intermediate casing, production casing, liner and liner tieback casing.
Tubing is pipe that is being used to transport crude oil or natural gas from the producing formations to the field surface facilities for processing after drilling is completed. During the extraction process the tubing must withstand the pressure and it must be adequately to resist loads and deformations associated with production and workovers. Generally tubing is manufactured the same way as casing, except and additional process known as “upsetting” which is applied to thicken the pipes.
- 1 1/4” - 30” with API and Premium Connections
- 3 1/8” - 9 1/2” Drill Collar with API Connections
- Full range of Pony Drill Collars
Drill pipe is a seamless tube that rotates the drill bit and circulates drilling fluid. It is hollow to allow drilling fluid to be pumped down the hole through the bit and back up the annulus. The annulus of an oil well is the space between any piping tubing or casing and the piping, tubing or casing immediately surrounding it. The presence of an annulus gives the ability to circulate fluid in the well. Drill pipe is subjected to high torque by drilling, axial tension by its dead weight and internal pressure by purging of drilling fluid.
- 2 3/8” - 6 5/8” Drill Pipe with API and High Torque Connections
- 2 7/8” - 6 5/8” Heavy Weight Drill Pipe with API and High Torque Connections
- Full range of Pupjoints
- 4 3/4” - 9 1/2” Non Magnetic Drill Collars
- 1 1/4” - 5 1/2” Test Tubing
- Full range of Tubing Pupjoints
- Hydroclean is a unique approach to hole cleaning
- 5” - 6 5/8”